There will be preparation for the topics covered at the event. All participants are encouraged to take part in these workshops.
To register, access your personal area and choose the activity you want. Places are limited!
This SIGN8 pre-conference course is aimed at Brazilian deaf people, and will explain how to use International Signing for presentations. International signing is a form of language used at deaf international linguistic, cultural, educational and research events worldwide. This pre-conference course on International Signs will use recent research into this increasingly globalized reality of understanding through international signs, to help remove the barriers in delivering your presentation.
- Present the different means of communication planned for the course. Provide a summary of studies in the field of communication through International Signs and reflect on the knowledge of recent discussions and experiences;
- Understand the structural characteristics of International Signing;
- Give participants the opportunity to learn International Signing;
- Participate in group communication activities.
- Understand International Signing to enable integration with other academic researchers.
- Explore International Signing involving the basic International Sign vocabulary of participantsâ€™ own research and allow communication between researchers, teachers and students in academic areas involving Sign Language.
Practice understanding and producing Libras.
Use sign language in an academic context such as sign linguistics, deaf studies, deaf culture and understand the characteristics of the Libras
Enable foreign participants in the SIGN8 conference to understand and converse with Brazilians in their spare time.
Answer the questions of those who are presenting their research.
Provide practical sessions on how to introduce your research and yourself (exchanging personal information), ask questions and reply.